Engineering Supervisor, WGVU - WGVU Public Media
- Coordinate activities of WGVU Engineering staff responsible for operation and maintenance of WGVU Public Media’s technical operation.
- Evaluate the maintenance and operational needs of WGVU.
- Maintenance of Broadcast and Studio Facilities for TV, Radio, and Satellite Uplink.
- Ensure operational readiness of all equipment used in the broadcast operations for WGVU-AM/FM/TV, WGVK-TV, WGVS-AM/FM and the Teleport.
- Review operation of transmission parameters to ensure compliance with FCC Rules.
- Assist the WGVU Director of Engineering in establishing priorities for budget, technical services, and capital equipment.
- Assume the duties of Chief Operator for WGVS-AM/FM, WGVU-AM/FM/TV and WGVK-TV in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
- On-call duty for station technical emergencies. Provide alternate week, 24-hour on-call support for all aspects of the operation of television and radio transmitters, satellite uplink, and program origination facilities.
- Develop operational procedures.
- Generate, assign and track maintenance tasks for four broadcast engineers.
- Generate work schedules and track vacation usage and Salary Continuation time.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, and supervising hourly staff including interpretation of bargaining agreements, imposition of discipline, and grievance response.
- Provide in-house and outside training opportunities for the staff.
- Support for WGVU special events and community outreach.
- Two-year technical degree required (preference to Information Technology, Engineering, Electronics Technology or Broadcasting) or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional understanding of the creation, transmission and storage of digital audio and video.
- Experience installing and maintaining IP Networks.
- Knowledge of broadcast automation systems.
- Proficiency with Windows desktop and server, MacOS and Linux operating systems.
- Must be able to read schematic diagrams and repair electronic and RF equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing skills, and demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
Click Here To Apply