WGVU Major Gifts Officer - WGVU
Apply nowJob no: 493014
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Summary: Lead WGVU Major Gifts as a part of Development team to achieve revenue and expense goals in support of PBS, NPR, Digital, and Real Oldies in West Michigan. Prior development experience required. This position reports to the Development Director and works closely with the General Manager.
Required Qualifications and Education:
Qualified candidates should have the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Ability to secure major gifts ($1,000+) from individuals, foundations or other philanthropic entities.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working with donors within the philanthropic community.
- Proficient interpersonal communication and writing skills required, along with the ability to take initiative and manage complex projects, and work effectively in a results-oriented team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Outlook and development databases such as Millennium.
- Ability to do extensive prospect research to acquire new major donors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, cultivate and identify new major gift prospects.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel as needed.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Prior Public Media development experience.
- Knowledge of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting reporting guidelines.
- Ability to write compelling fundraising letters and proposals to secure major gifts.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150+ donors and prospects. Responsible for actively cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts of $1,000 to $250,000 and higher.
- Achieve annual major gift goals in support of WGVU Public Media.
- Maintain major donor data.
- Articulate accurately and effectively, the mission, vision and values of WGVU Public Media, PBS, NPR, and public media in general.
- Participate in WGVU on-air fund drives and events.
- Coordinate Major Gift recognition events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: WGVU Public Media/University Relations
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215