Membership and Volunteer Coordinator - WGVU
Apply nowJob no: 493080
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Public Broadcasting
Summary: WGVU Public Media seeks a Membershp and Volunteer Coordinator to manage the day-to-day administration of all WGVU, PBS, and NPR general development operations and membership stewardship, while managing a portfolio of entry-mid level donors with focus towards growth and cultivation.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- An innovative thinker, administrator, and strategist with a demonstrated track record of successfully working in fund development and volunteer leadership.
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in fund development, primarily with administration, organization, and working with entry level donors within the philanthropic community.
- Ability to proficiently handle multiple administrative tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills required, along with the ability to take initiative and manage complex projects, and work effectively in a results-oriented team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook.
- Experience working with development databases such as Millennium.
- Desire to contribute to the long term success of WGVU and Public Media.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple tasks related to WGVU internal and external programs.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Must have own, reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Prior Public Media development experience
- Minimum of two years development experience
- Previous experience with sustaining contributions, telemarketing, direct mail, and membership fundraising
- Knowledge of Corporation for Public Broadcasting reporting guidelines
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of all WGVU, PBS, and NPR general development operations, while managing a portfolio of entry and mid-level donors with focus towards growth and cultivation.
- This is a primarily internal-focused position, while there will be some opportunities for general fund and donor development that will be externally facilitated.
- The position is a key member of the Development team, reporting to the Development Manager. This is an opportunity to join an exceptionally productive results-oriented team and grow your career in philanthropy.
Responsibilities – Non-Essential Functions:
- Provide leadership to WGVU FM and AM Radio Pledge Drives and attain budgeted goals.
- Provide leadership to the calendar year-end fundraising campaign, including the Giving Tuesday efforts.
- Achieve a minimum of $300,000 in annual donations in support of WGVU Public Media.
- Recruit, schedule, and ensure a positive experience for WGVU volunteers, including our annual volunteer recognition program.
- Coordinate identification and relationship building of new donors.
- Database and Membership report generation and maintenance.
- Assist in the development of new fundraising opportunities.
- Coordinate, develop, and document projects as assigned by the Development Manager.
- Create/Implement strategies for increasing member retention and the addition of new members via AM/FM radio.
- Articulate accurately and effectively, the mission, vision and values of WGVU Public Media, PBS, NPR, and public media in general.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the development team; Development Manager, Assistant General Manager, General Manager and other staff and volunteers.
- Participate in WGVU on air fund drives and events.
- Work closely with WGVU Development manager to conduct day to day Membership responsibilities. This would include administration of PBS Passport, WGVU Kids Clubhouse, Vehicle donations, day sponsor program, station tours, Membership radio drives, and other duties as assigned.
- Development of the WGVU New Donor Development program and associated goals.
- Plan and administer the quarterly AM/FM Radio Membership Pledge drives and achieve associated goals.
- Work with Development Manager to track/monitor budget and accounting expenses for development and membership activities.
- Achieve all department monthly, quarterly, and annual development revenue performance goals.
- Serve as an assistant point of contact for development and community engagement activities, providing logistical support for meetings, events, and other various programs.
- Prepare reports for CPB, PBS, CDP, NPR and others as needed.
- Be current with best practices within Public Media Development and Non Profit Philanthropy.
- Handle paperwork and complete all required tasks required to properly service customer needs.
- Communicate effectively and timely with customers and station personnel to provide the highest level of service to our customers and colleagues.
- Represent WGVU with professionalism and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: $38,000- $42,000
Department/Division: WGVU Public Media/University Relations
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus
Application Deadline Date: May 27, 2019