Computer Operator II - WGVU Public Media
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional, PSS - Professional Support Staff
Operates and monitors computer systems, related peripheral equipment, and provides support and training to all users of above.
- Operates and maintains computer systems.
- Monitors and maintains peripheral computer equipment.
- Provides computer software and hardware training and support to WGVU staff.
- Functions as Database and Technology Specialist
- Act as liaison to GVSU Information Technology department.
- Maintain WGVU Engineering technical files and related FCC documents.
- Support for WGVU Technical Operations including TV Master Control Operations
- Assist with resolving WGVU Viewer and Listener issues
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Clerical support for Engineering Department including, expense reports, billing reports and various system admin functions, such as - USERS in various systems
- Responsible for various GVSU and WGVU financial systems and procedures related to purchasing and billing
- Manage scheduling and billing for WGVU uplink business, including rapport and communication with vendors, clients and PBS.
- Answers telephone at WGVU switchboard as needed.
Summary: WGVU Public Media seeks a Promotion Manager to oversee the strategy, development, management and reporting of WGVU’s cross-channel promotions. The Promotion Manager oversees a staff of four. The ideal candidate develops marketing plans and communications, is responsible for the creative direction of print and digital communications, and oversees educational and community engagement initiatives to grow and diversify WGVU’s audience and impact.
Expectations of professional behaviors include being highly organized, comfortable working under tight deadlines, focused on data-driven decision making, and can demonstrate a progression of leadership.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of three years’ experience in promotion and marketing
- Previous Management Experience
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Public Media experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience leading large and small project teams
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere
- Candidate must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Create, plan, and write promotional copy
- Oversee the maintenance and expansion of social media accounts, stay abreast of developments in social media, and recommend presence on new platforms as appropriate
- Oversee the design of WGVU’s social platforms
- Create, implement and lead WGVU branding initiatives to provide consistency across departments
- Oversee the development of ads and marketing materials as needed including creation and branding for all event print and digital materials
- Make paid media recommendations and oversee implementation of external marketing campaigns
- Manage and maintain assigned budgets and reports
- Make purchasing decisions on branded pledge promotional items
- Create Station Service Report annually for Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Oversee and maintain website compliance per Corporation for Public Broadcasting guidelines
- Participate and volunteer at WGVU functions as needed
- Willingness to represent WGVU in the community
- Willing to assist with all fundraising activities of WGVU which may include on-air pledging
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: WGVU Public Media/University Relations
Campus: Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". A cover letter, resume, references, and college transcripts are required. The cover letter and resume are required at the time of application. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit unofficial transcripts prior to the interview. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is guided by values for inclusiveness and community which are integral to our mission to educate students to shape their lives, their professions, and their societies, and to enrich the community through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and public service. The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. Members of the University community, including candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. [Include the following for job advertisements:] TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.