Computer Operator II - WGVU Public Media
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional, PSS - Professional Support Staff
Operates and monitors computer systems, related peripheral equipment, and provides support and training to all users of above.
- Operates and maintains computer systems.
- Monitors and maintains peripheral computer equipment.
- Provides computer software and hardware training and support to WGVU staff.
- Functions as Database and Technology Specialist
- Act as liaison to GVSU Information Technology department.
- Maintain WGVU Engineering technical files and related FCC documents.
- Support for WGVU Technical Operations including TV Master Control Operations
- Assist with resolving WGVU Viewer and Listener issues
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Clerical support for Engineering Department including, expense reports, billing reports and various system admin functions, such as - USERS in various systems
- Responsible for various GVSU and WGVU financial systems and procedures related to purchasing and billing
- Manage scheduling and billing for WGVU uplink business, including rapport and communication with vendors, clients and PBS.
- Answers telephone at WGVU switchboard as needed.
Business Development Coordinator - WGVU Public media - click here to apply
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Public Broadcasting
Required Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior outside and media sales experience
- Must have proven successful selling experience including record of meeting and exceeding sales goals, good presentation skills and history of excellent customer service
- Must have own reliable transportation and valid driver’s license for making sales call outside of the office
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail, superior organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with others are required
- Basic computer skills required-Word processing, spreadsheet, web, and database experience
- Must be willing to be on air for WGVU AM/FM/TV.
- Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Prior Public Media sales experience preferred
- Minimum of three years business-to-business or sponsorship sales experience preferred
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Personally call on and develop customer contacts in West and Southwest Michigan.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales revenue goals.
- Sell new, develop, and maintain corporate sponsorships for WGVU.
- Participate and assist WGVU staff with volunteer functions as needed, nights and weekends may be required.
- Attend community meetings and events to represent WGVU.
- Handle paperwork in a timely manner and complete all required tasks to properly service client needs.
- Communicate effectively with client and station personnel to provide the highest level of service.
- Represent WGVU with professionalism and integrity.
- Willingness to be on television and radio.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $20,070 + 13% commission (plus bonuses if goals are met)