The Mission of WGVU
WGVU's continued mission is to provide educational, informative, and entertaining programs and events to the West Michigan community as a service of Grand Valley State University.
GRAND RAPIDS, MI UPLINK SERVICES
- News Interviews with IFB, Green Screen, PL
- Corporate Communications
- Training/Human Resources
- New Product Introductions
- Press Conferences
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- Full production support (studios/cameras/edit/microphones/audio)
- Full engineering support(technicians & equipment operators)
- Graphics Designers (Macintosh based systems)
- Professional support staff (Engineering/Production/Planning)
- Uplink (the only non-preemptable dedicated uplink in West Michigan)
FACILITIES AVAILABLE (Rates)
- Microwave link (should live feeds be required)
- 2-way fiber connectivity
- Two fully-equipped, broadcast studios with IFB and multiple phone line capabilities(cost based on equipment/staff needs)
- Audio conferencing (up to 30 lines simultaneously)
- WGVU AM/FM can provide ISDN Zephyr connectivity for interviews.
- Broadcast studios available (cost based on equipment/staff needs)
- KU-band - analog and digital (MPEG 2, MPEG 4, HD)
- HD Cam, Various File Formats
- Steerable uplink can hit all Ku satellites (C-band turnarounds available)
- Live studio or remote interview equipment, operators and technical support
- Transponder booking available (or can use your existing space segment)
Tower Space Service
850 1480 AM & 88.5 FM
We are pleased to make available to communication service providers tower space at our multiple tower site locations. These tower sites offer coverage of most of the lower west side of Michigan's lower peninsula starting from Kalamazoo Michigan and extending north to Grand Rapids and west toward Muskegon.
We offer competitive pricing as well as additional connectivity for special applications.
If you are looking to expand your communication services in West Michigan call us for a consultation
301 Fulton St. W (corner of Fulton and Front)
Grand Rapids, MI 49504-6492
Conveniently located just 2 blocks from downtown Grand Rapids, close to the Amway Grand Hotel, the Grand Center and the Van Andel Arena with connectivity to our uplink teleport.
For Upllnk Services (Tape Conversions, Downlinks, Business Television) contact Janet Mills at 616-331-6732, nights and weekends 616-260-4470.
For Equipment Rentals and Studio Rentals contact Phil Lane, Production Manager at 616-331-6791. or email at: email@example.com.